It is good to know and understand the promises of the rosary given to St Dominic and Blessed Alan de la Roche while learning how to pray the rosary. They are wonderful to behold, and the more you read through this list and understand the real meaning of each promise, the more confidence you will have in your ability to gain heaven.
The saying "When Our Lord closes the door, Our Lady opens a window," takes on much more meaning and our love of Our Lady's Goodness grows with each rosary we say, even when we are weak.
So, read through the promises of the rosary given to us through her beloved servants, become familiar with them, and let your love and confidence in Our Lord(because He is the One who allows these great gifts from our Mother,) and Our Lady help you along your way to Salvation through the means of the Rosary. Outside the Holy Mass, this is the most beneficial prayer we can say and offer to God through His Holy Mother!
The Fifteen Promises of the Rosary Given to Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan de la Roche by Our Blessed Mother.
Printable Version of the Promises
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4. The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune.
God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
We here at The Holy Rosary and Gifts make use of revenue and affiliate links from companies such as Google Adsense, Amazon and Share-a-Sale. Use of external links by you may result in us earning a bit of money. ;)
Read Roman Catholic Prayers from Fr Francis Lasance and many other ebooks that are FREE and are in the public domain instantly on your Kindle or other ereader.